Thursday 16 October 2008

Week 9 Podcasts and Audio

I had a look (I mean I listened to a bit of) Murdoch University's podcast of a library tour. What a bore! I can't imagine any student - unless they are a real nerd listening to that for any length of time. It would be interesting to see their statistics - especially if they are kept on how long people actually listen.

On the other hand I can see that podcasts of our HSC seminars would be useful - for students who can't come on the night and for those who want to relisten at a later date. I will certainly be looking into it for next year's program.

The Mount Kisco Library in northern Westchester County, NY have some interesting and fun podcasts and their aim is one we should all try to emulate and remember with podcasting in our libraries - to inform and entertain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

I'm glad you found the Mount Kisco Library podcast was working as we wanted it to!

We were planning to do a "tour" podcast for the opening of our new library building. Any clues on how to make it less boring?

Thanks!

D. Johnson, Youth Services, Mt. Kisco Library